Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
A quick and easy shrimp recipe from Dining without Reservations by Jr. League of Beaumont.
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 lb large shrimp
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup beer (do not use dark beer)
- 3 tablespoons cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1 loaf Italian bread or 1 loaf French bread
- Mix cayenne, black pepper, salt, thyme, rosemary, basil and paprika in a small bowl.
- Peel and devein shrimp leaving tails intact.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Add the garlic, Saute for 20 seconds until a pale golden color.
- Stir in shrimp, Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice. Season with 2 tbsps of the spice mixture or to taste.
- Saute for 30 seconds.
- Add the beer and simmer for 1 minute or until shrimp turn pink.
- Remove from heat and add the butter, stirring until melted.
- Pour into a serving bowl and serve with the bread for dipping.