Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
Adapted from a recipe found in a community church cookbook.
- 1 lb small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lb cooked crayfish tail
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 lb imitation crabmeat, chunks chopped
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- In a saucepan, add 6 tablespoons butter and cream cheese.
- Heat on low until the butter is melted and cream cheese is softened, stirring frequently to combine mixture; set aside.
- In a big pot, melt 2 tablespoons butter.
- Add the onion, celery, and bell pepper; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cook/stir for 4-5 minutes or until shrimp are pink.
- Add in cream cheese mixture, crawfish, imitation crabmeat, mushroom soup, mushrooms, garlic, thyme, oregano, basil, and hot sauce; stir to combine.
- Add in the rice; stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bread crumbs.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees, for 30 minutes or until heated thoroughly.