1/1 Photo of Bayou Sam's Bourbon Chicken
2 hrs 10 mins
A New Orleans Favorite with two different cooking methods, but one same great taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 medium chicken thighs, boned and skinned
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon veal demi-glace
- 4 tablespoons honey, Mesquite
- 4 tablespoons molasses
- 1/2 cup jim beam Bourbon
- 2 1/2 cups dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons dried onion
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper, finely ground
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1Cut chicken into bite size pieces and place in a bowl.
- 2Mix all the sauce/marinade ingredients (except white wine and demi-glace) well and pour half over chicken. Reserving the other half for sauce. Cover and refrigerate (stirring often) for several hours (best overnight).
- 3Two methods of preparation.
- 4The best method is to heat a flat griddle on your grill to high heat, drizzle a little peanut oil just before placing chicken down. Drain marinated chicken and cook a couple minutes on each side or stir frying. Getting a good char on the edges adds to the flavor, so let it set a minute or two.
- 5Heat reserved sauce that was set aside, adding the white wine and demi-glace, stir to incorporate well. Low simmer about 10 minutes. Serve as a dipping sauce, pour on dirty rice or Orzo.
- 7Second method is bake chicken at 375 for 50 minutes in a single layer, basting every 10 minutes. Remove chicken. Scrape pan juices with all the brown bits into reserved sauce, add white wine and demi-glace and low simmer 10 minutes.
- 8Great with Lemon Pepper Parboiled Rice and Soul Beans.
- 9Sauce is also great reduced and used as a drizzle with grilled scallops.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bayou Sam's Bourbon Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (391 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 930.8
- Calories from Fat 259
- Total Fat 28.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 157.9 mg
- Sodium 3060.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 116.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 108.9 g
- Protein 38.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: