Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this from a friend in another cooking group, it sounds perfect for that special fall Apple pie.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoons cold water
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Mix in shortening and cheese until mixture resembles cornmeal.
- This can be done in your food processor on pulse, or with a pastry cutter.
- Sprinkle one tablespoon of water at a time over mixture until dough is moistened and holds together.
- Handle lightly.
- Divide dough in half.
- Roll out on floured surface to a 12 inch circle.
- Makes a 9" double crust.
- For a single baked pie crust, bake at 375° for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.