Recipe by Chalsea
I got this recipe from a place that claimed it as a copycat of Chilis Cajun Chicken Pasta, so I had to try it, and was pleasantly surprised that it DID taste a lot like it!
- 340.19 g penne
- 44.37 ml unsalted butter
- 14.79 ml all-purpose flour
- 354.88 ml half-and-half
- 118.29 ml grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast
- 22.18 ml cajun seasoning
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper (optional)
- 9.85 ml vegetable oil
- 2 firm-ripe roma tomatoes, cored and diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook penne according to package directions.
- Melt butter over medium heat. Add flour; stir for 1 minute. Add half-and-half; stir until thickened, 6 minutes. Remove from heat; add parmesan, salt and pepper. Cover.
- Pound chicken to 1/2-inch thickness. Rub Cajun seasoning and cayenne evenly over chicken. Warm oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, turning once, until no longer pink in center, 6-8 minutes. Slice chicken.
- In a bowl, toss pasta with sauce. Top with chicken and tomatoes and serve.