- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup white rice, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 cup ham, cooked and cubed
- 1 medium tomatoes, coarselly chopped
- 1⁄2 lb medium raw shrimp, shelled and deveined
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, cook and stir onion, green pepper, garlic and rice in oil until onion is tneder. Stir in water, ketchup, vinegar, black pepper, red pepper, ham and tomato.
- Cover; simmer 20 to 25 minutes or until rice is tender. Add shrimp; simmer, uncovered, 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring occasionally.