Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
Add seasonings to cornbread mix for this easy fish recipe. Serve with Sweet-Hot Pecan Sauce. From Southern Living.
- 1 (6 ounce) package cornbread mix
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 (6 ounce) cod or 6 (6 ounce) tilapia fillets
- canola oil
- Stir together cornbread mix and Creole seasoning until blended.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over fillets. Dredge fillets in cornbread mixture.
- Fry fillets in canola oil 1 to 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on a wire rack over paper towels.