Recipe by gailanng
An easier knockoff recipe for Dirty Rice. Just as good! I advise not to substitute regular rice for the converted; it doesn't come out as pretty...and no Cajun I ever knew uses brown rice.
- 8 slice bacon, diced
- 113.39 g extra lean ground beef
- 236.59 ml onion, chopped
- 118.29 ml green pepper, diced
- 118.29 ml red bell pepper, diced
- 29.58 ml celery, chopped
- 14.79 ml minced garlic
- 7.39 ml ground cumin
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml dried oregano
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 0.59 ml cayenne pepper
- 236.59 ml converted long grain rice
- 473.18 ml chicken broth
- 29.58 ml chopped flat leaf parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan, saute bacon over medium heat until slightly crisp (about 10 minutes). Remove bacon from pan, place on paper towels. Drain off fat.
- Add to the saucepan, ground beef; saute over medium heat, breaking beef up into small pieces. Stir in onion, bell peppers, celery and garlic, sauteing until beef is no longer pink (3-5 minutes). Stir in cumin, salt, oregano, black and cayenne peppers; cook 1 minute.
- Stir in rice; cook 2 minutes. Stir in broth and bring to a boil; reduce heat, simmer, covered, until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed (25-30 minutes), stirring occasionally. Stir in parsley and bacon. Serve immediately.