Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a wonder--mustard can be eaten with just about anything.
Make and share this Bayou Country Smokey Creole Mustard Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 2⁄3 cup bacon, cooked and chopped fine
- 2⁄3 cup bacon drippings
- 2⁄3 cup green onion, chopped
- 16 ounces zatarain's creole mustard
- 2⁄3 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon zatarain's creole seasoning
- Cook bacon until crisp, set aside.
- Add chopped green onions to bacon drippings, cook over low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and cook for 3 minutes over low heat.
- Add remaining ingredients, stir thoroughly. Cook for 5 minutes over low heat.
- Remove from heat and refrigerate until desired.
- Use as a dipping sauce for fried seafood and vegetables. Also may be used as sauce for grilled chicken, pork chops, etc.