Bayou Chicken With Cantaloupe Salsa
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat a 10" iron skillet over medium high heat. Make salsa and let cool while preparing chicken.
- Saute onion and sausage together, until onion is soft. Add parsley and bread crumbs and set aside to cool.
- With a sharp knife, insert a slit into the top of each breast, cut a pocket almost the length of the breast for stuffing.
- Melt 3/4 cup butter. Add salt, garlic and lemon pepper. Pour into shallow bowl.
- Stuff the sausage mixture into the chicken breasts.
- Dip the chicken breast into the butter and spices (add more spice if necessary), and lay each, carefully, onto the hot skillet. Sear for 2-3 minutes. Turn over and sear for 2-3 minutes on 2nd side. Cover skillet and place in oven for 10-15 minutes until cooked through.
- Slice each breast on bias into 5 pieces, top with salsa and serve.
- SALSA: Saute melon, avocado and red onion in 2 tablespoons butter. Add lime juice and cayenne. Stir and remove from heat. Let cool.