Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A great one-dish meal.
- 4 medium chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) packagemild pork sausage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup Uncle Ben's converted brand rice
- Cut the chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces.
- In a frying pan, combine the chicken with the bell pepper and onion. Add the cooked sausage and salt and saute until golden brown in enough oil to keep from sticking.
- Add the chicken broth and rice. Cover the pan and cook slowly for 45 minutes.