Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
My sister Pamela gave this to me many years ago. I am especially fond of dishes that have eggplant, zucchini, and rice.
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 2⁄3 cup coarsely chopped onion
- minced garlic
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup peeled cubed eggplant
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried whole thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 cup thinly sliced zucchini
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 1⁄2 cups hot cooked long-grain rice
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; add oil and place over medium high heat until hot.
- Add onion and garlic; saute until tender.
- Add chicken; saute 3 minutes or until chicken looses it's pink color, stirring constantly.
- Add eggplant and next 9 ingredients (green bell pepper through zucchini).
- Bring to a boil; cover.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and water, add to skillet, stirring well.
- Cover and cook 5 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
- Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
Very good flavor but my DH wasn't too fond of the consistancy.