Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found online a long time ago. Sounds like it would be good.
Make and share this Bayou Catfish recipe from Food.com.
- 32 ounces catfish fillets
- 1⁄2 cup creole mustard
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil, for frying
- 1 garlic clove
- Coat both sides of the catfish filets with a generous layer of mustard.
- Press filets into the seasoned breadcrumbs, and place into a frying pan containing the heated olive oil.
- Pan fry until brown, flip, and finish cooking.
- In a separate pan, sauté garlic with a touch of butter until brown.
- Remove the pan from fire, and slowly add the wine and lemon juice.
- Return to the stove, and let the mixture reduce by half.
- Next, add the scallions, and cook an additional two minutes.
- Finally, remove from the flame, and add the whole butter - gently shaking the pan to enrich.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Plate the cooked catfish and spoon some of the sauce over each fillet.