Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
A cake with tropical flavors.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter (1/4 lb)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated milk (NOT condensed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup walnuts
- Beat sugar into eggs.
- Add flour through salt and blend thoroughly.
- Stir in pineapple.
- Pour into greased 13 x 9-inch metal baking pan.
- Bake at 350° about 30-35 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, combine butter through milk in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer about 10 min until sugar is dissolved and sauce is thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Stir in coconut and nuts.
- As soon as cake comes out of oven, spread coconut mixture over the top.
- Let cool completely before slicing and serving.
We loved this cake. It is so moist and love the coconut/pineapple combination. Very quick to throw together and presents very well when served. Thanks for a great recipe.
This is a moist cake and tasty too. Those who like coconut and pineapple will enjoy this!