Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A delicious burger that tastes great with or without the onion roll. You can increase or decrease the amount of heat to your preference. Recipe originally from allrecipes.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil leaves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 onion rolls, halved and lightly toasted
- In medium bowl, combine all ingredients except rolls.
- Shape into 4 patties.
- Grill or broil to desired doneness.
- Serve on rolls and top, if desired, with grilled onions.
This was a delicious low fat dinner. I used turkey and didn't use the buns. Loved the onions in the burger..may have to do that all the time now. I also subbed garlic powder instead of garlic salt. Made for Fall PAC 2011.
Very delicious! I didn't have thyme leaves (so I added 1/4 teaspoon of oregano leaves) and hot pepper sauce (I used hot chili sauce instead) and the result was outstanding! Thanks
these were delicious. even my husband, who's not big on any kind of onions, loved them. my son really loved them too and he's not a big burger eater. again, they are delicious and i recommend them to everyone!!! thanks for sharing this recipe