Recipe by sugarpea
These creamy, fragrant baked potatoes will perfume your entire house when served. Simple and wonderful. From Rozanne Gold, a favorite cookbook author.
Top Review by iris5555
The flavor of the bay leaves so nicely permeated the potatoes. I used plain old white potatoes so the end result may have been a bit different than with russets, but still very good.
- 2 lbs small-to-medium russet potatoes (about 8-10)
- 14 california bay leaves or 14 turkish bay leaves
- 2 -5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt, divided
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°; dry washed potatoes and toss with 1-3 T olive oil.
- Place bay leaves on the bottom of a heavy, shallow casserole with cover; sprinkle with 1 T coarse salt; place potatoes on top and sprinkle with remaining 1 T coarse salt.
- Cover tightly, using aluminum foil if necessary and bake 1 hour; remove potatoes, cut in half and drizzle with remaining 1-2 T olive oil; season with salt and pepper and serve hot.