Recipe by Ravenseyes
This is a quick and easy side salad or an absolutely great little lunch - either way you can top it with your favorite dressing or use the little helpful tip for a fresh dressing!!!
- 1⁄2 iceberg lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup green leaf lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 18 shrimp (rinsed I use the Bay shrimp if I can find them)
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, julienne
- 1⁄4 cup radish (julienne)
- 1⁄4 cup carrot (julienne)
- 1⁄4 cup celery (julienne)
- 1 lemon (cut into wedges for garnish)
- 2 cherry tomatoes (to garnish, use as many as you like)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons finely chopped gingerroot
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped carrot
- 2 tablespoons celery, chopped until very fine
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup peanut oil
- 1⁄2 cup mild vinegar
- ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Simply combine salad ingredients, toss, and serve with a single lemon wedge and cherry tomato for garnish.
- To prepare Ginger Salad Dressing from scratch:
- Blend together 1 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped ginger root, 1/4 cup chopped onion, 1/4 cup chopped carrot, and 2 tablespoons celery (chopped very fine).
- Add 1/2 cup soy sauce, 1 cup peanut oil, and 1/2 cup mild vinegar.
- Add freshly ground black pepper, if desired.
- Shake to mix well before use.
- Best made a day ahead for flavors to meld.