Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1 1⁄2 lbs bay scallops
- 2⁄3 cup dry vermouth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon, rind of, finely grated
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill, chopped (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Add scallops and cook until almost opaque, about 2 minutes.
- Remove scallops from skillet with a slotted spoon; leaving liquid in skillet.
- Add vermouth, lemon juice, and lemon peel to skillet and reduce to a thick glaze (about 5 minutes).
- Return scallops to skillet and stir until coated.
- Add dill and pepper and serve immediately.
Very tasty, simple recipe.
Wonderful recipe. Very simple, easy to do, and delicious. The next time I make this I will reduce the sauce less and put it over pasta.