Recipe by *Parsley*
Serve over fine egg noodles or rice. For best results, use fresh (not dried ) basil.
Top Review by Jason - Monroe, WA
I've never cooked scallops with balsamic vinegar before, but it was a very nice touch! I did adjust the recipe a bit to make it more flavorful and colorful based on previous comments. Here's what I did: 1. Added approx 1/3 cup of Sun Dried Tomatoes 2. Added a third clove of garlic 3. Mixed fresh basil in after I pulled the scallops from the heat. I cook quite a bit with basil and I find that the flavor gets pulled out of it the longer it cooks. I prefer it not cooked at all. All this over a bed of angel hair pasta and it was PERFECT! I will definitely make again.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs bay scallops
- 1⁄8 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- salt, if needed, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet over medium high heat, melt butter and saute the shallots and garlic in the butter, stirring frequently, until tender.
- Add scallops and basil to the skillet and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add vinegar, sugar, pepper and salt (if needed) and saute an additional 2-3 minutes or until the scallops are opaque.
- Serve immediately over fine noodles or rice.