Prep 6 mins
Cook 6 mins
Healthy, flavorful and fast. What more could you want? (You can substitute a 14 oz. can artichoke hearts, drained, instead of frozen. You may also use canned diced tomatoes instead of fresh.)
- 1 lb bay scallop
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced (or more, to taste)
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and drained and cut in fourths
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in fourths
- 1 cup shredded spinach or 1 cup romaine lettuce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cook scallops, onion, salt, white pepper and garlic in skillet over med-high heat 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until scallops are white.
- Stir in artichokes, tomatoes and spinach.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes are hot and spinach is wilted; drain if necessary.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Great served on a bed of angel hair pasta!
I read all of the comments and used them all. This recipe was a great basic recipe that can be spruced up however you want. I doubled the garlic and included fresh basil and parsley when adding the spinach, tomatoes, and artichoke hearts. I also had drained the scallops before adding some sherry and crushed red pepper flakes. Delicious! Thanks!
This was very easy to make and the taste was pretty good. I think it needs a little kicking up. Next time I'll try it with some fresh herbs and more garlic. It's good served over pasta.
Wonderfully light and refreshing summer dish. Very simple and quick to make. I used a little more garlic and salt and pepper than called for but otherwise followed exactly. Thanks for the great recipe, East Coast Nellie!