Recipe by Nurbel
Bay scallops are very firm with a delicate, sweet flavour. Bay scallop meat is about 1/2" diameter (about 70-90/lb). Always look for scallops with a cream colour and firm meat.
Top Review by Bren10
I tried this last night. They were great. I love scallops. I might try mixing in some crab and/or minced shrimp and then broil it with some cheese on top. I find stuffed shells to be a fun way of serving pasta too.
- 1⁄4 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 2 cups bay scallops, steamed
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Italian dressing
- 6 ounces jumbo pasta shells, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender, combine cottage cheese with lemon juice and dill.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour cheese mixture into a bowl; add celery, onions and the steamed scallops.
- Mix well.
- In a separate bowl mix the drained pasta with Italian dressing.
- Spoon the scallop mixture into the pasta shells.
- Serve as a salad or optionally arrange shells on a bake sheet and sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
- Melt cheese in the oven (broil) and then serve hot.