1/1 Photo of Bay Scallops Scampi
Feast Your Eyes!'s Note:
Bay scallops sauteed in butter, garlic and white wine - A delicious dish your family and friends will savor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb bay scallop, rinsed and patted dry
- 3 garlic cloves, slivered
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1In a large heavy-bottomed skillet, heat the oil and half of the butter over medium-high heat until mixture starts to brown.
- 2MAKE SURE THE PAN AND OIL MIXTURE IS VERY HOT - Transfer half of the scallops to the skillet and cook WITHOUT MOVING until seared: ABOUT 20 - 30 SECONDS. Gently flip and sear on other side for another 20 - 30 SECONDS. Remove from skillet; add remaining scallops and butter. Cook in the same manner as the first batch.
- 3Once the second batch of scallops is finished cooking, return the first batch to the skillet and give a quick, gentle toss. Remove skillet from heat.
- 4Add the garlic, lemon juice, wine and cappers. Season with salt and pepper. Give a gentle toss and place scallops on a warmed serving platter. Garnish with parsley and lemon zest. Serve immediately.
- 5Serve with crusty Italian or French bread for dipping in the garlic-butter sauce. This dish pairs nicely with steamed fresh asparagus or zucchini.
- 6COOK'S TIP: Scallops contain a lot of water that will gush out once they get hot - THEY NEED A LOT OF HEAT APPLIED QUICKLY. Never crowd the scallops when cooking, otherwise they will steam instead of sear.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bay Scallops Scampi
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 291.9
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 66.9 mg
- Sodium 915.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 18.8 g