You could also use small shrimp or lump crab meat for this easy pasta dish. Use more crushed red chili if a you like more heat.
- In a small bowl cover sundried tomatoes with boiling water. Set aside and allow to steep for 30 minutes until tomatoes are softened.
- Note: If you use oil packed tomatoes omit this step and increase the amount to one cup.
- In the meantime, cook angel hair according to package directions, drain, and toss with a little olive oil.
- Rinse and pat dry scallops. Season with salt and pepper.
- When tomatoes are softened, squeeze out water and roughly chop.
- In a large skillet heat 1/4 cup of butter and the olive oil on medium high heat until the butter foams.
- Add scallops to the pan and cook 2 minutes until slightly brown on the edges. Stir and cook another 1 minute or until opaque. Remove from the hot oil and set aside.
- Add to pan the garlic, chili, and sundried tomatoes and cook until garlic is blonde, about 2 minutes.
- Add white wine and last 1/4 cup butter to the garlic mixture and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add back to the sauce the scallops and any juices and the fresh herbs.
- Toss with the pasta and top with parmesan cheese.