Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This really is a fine meal!
- 1 lb bay scallop
- 1 medium sweet onion, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup broccoli floret, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning mix
- 1 lb pasta (I use Gemelli, it really picks up the sauce!)
- boiling water, for the pasta
- In a large pan, heat half the oil.
- Add the onions and saute until just translucent but still crisp.
- Add the peppers, broccoli and garlic, cover and simmer for about three minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the heat, stir in the Italian Seasoning and set aside.
- Stir the pasta into the boiling water.
- When the pasta has been on for about five minutes, return the vegetables to the heat, stir in the scallops and the remaining oil, cover and simmer on low until the pasta is done.
- Drain the cooked pasta and put it in a large pasta bowl.
- Check that the scallops are cooked through and stir the mixture with the pasta, tossing well.
- A great side for this is a good garlic bread---.
This was excellent! Even the kids loved it. (I didn't dare say the word "scallops", but they loved their "Tuna and Spaghetti"!!) Thanks for the idia!
This is a really easy to follow recipe and was it ever delicious! I didn't change a thing.
They were having a sale on bay scallops so I broke down and bought some. I chose this recipe because I was looking for something other than scallops cooked in a cream sauce. This turned out better than I was expecting it to. I cut back on the amount of oil and it didn't seem to hurt the flavor. Loved the bright colors of the vegetables. You never know how your family is going to react to a new recipe but my family liked this one. Thanks for posting.