Recipe by D-Six
This is an omelet I created when I worked as a breakfast chef at a nice golf course. I hope the name doesn't offend anyone, but it seems appropriate considering the ingredients! I estimated the time it would take to prepare, but it is all relative to your skills, your equipment, and what type of Hollandaise sauce you use. Obviously if you can cook 4 at once it will speed things up! ;)
Top Review by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
Terrific breakfast for mid week, or any day whether it's the weekend or weekday. This was mighty special, and very, very, good! Stayed with the recipe, and enjoyed having the hollandaise sauce over the omelet....the shrimp was a wonderful addition, although, it was a bit wet from the tomatoes. Didn't matter, we ate it all up! Thank you for posting!
- 12 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup bay shrimp
- 4 slices bacon
- 2⁄3 cup roma tomato
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion
- 1⁄3 cup green onion
- 1 cup hollandaise sauce (I prefer home made, but the mixes are pretty good too )
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk eggs, milk and salt together, set aside.
- Cut bacon into little strips approximately 1/4 inch wide
- Chop up onions and tomatoes and keep separate.
- Prepare Hollandaise sauce ( I prefer home made, but the mixes are pretty good too ).
- Cook bacon in small skillet over high heat until almost crisp, strain out most of the grease.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the yellow onions to the bacon and continue cooking until onions are translucent.
- Add the tomatoes and shrimp, just long enough to get hot ( less than 1 minute ) and remove from heat.
- Place 1 tablespoon of butter or margarine in omelet pan on medium heat.
- Here is where I am going to assume you already know how to prepare an omelet, so do it.
- It is better if you can start the omelets while the filling is in the last stage of cooking.
- Fill omelet with 1/4 of the filling mixture, fold over, lay 1 slice of cheddar cheese over omelet, add a teaspoon of water to pan and quickly cover to melt cheese.
- Slide Omelet out onto plate, cover with 1/4 cup Hollandaise sauce, sprinkle with paprika and a big pinch of green onions.
- Repeat for other 3 omelets.