Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From The Lobster-Roll cookbook. The restaurant is in Long Island's East End and is famous for the lobster-roll sandwich in a hotdog bun. The restaurant is warmly referred to as simply "Lunch" and it is always busy in the summer. Haven't tried this yet.
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup shallot, minced
- 1⁄2 cup salted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, finely chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- black pepper, to taste
- 3 lbs mussels, rinsed
- In a large pot, saute garlic and shallots in butter and oil over medium heat for about 5 minutes until they are lightly browned.
- Add scallions and cook for one more minute.
- Add wine, basil, parsley, oregano and pepper.
- Simmer for another minute and add the mussels.
- Cover and simmer over medium heat for 7-8 minutes, until the mussels open, stirring half way through; discard any unopened mussels.