Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are similar to the potatoes I have found in different parts of Portugal. Usually served with roast pork or chicken.
- Boil potatoes with the onion until fork-tender.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a heavy skillet over low heat.
- Mix in olive oil and crumbled bay leaves.
- Allow to steep at the back of the stove while potatoes cook.
- As soon as potatoes are ready, discard onion and drain well and peel.
- Strain the butter mixture and return to skillet.
- Add potatoes and, over moderate heat, turn them in this mixture about 5 minutes until nicely glazed and touched with brown.
- Season and serve.