1/2 Photos of Bay Leaf Scented Potatoes
Chef #570804 Halifax Liz's Note:
These are similar to the potatoes I have found in different parts of Portugal. Usually served with roast pork or chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil potatoes with the onion until fork-tender.
- 2Meanwhile, melt butter in a heavy skillet over low heat.
- 3Mix in olive oil and crumbled bay leaves.
- 4Allow to steep at the back of the stove while potatoes cook.
- 5As soon as potatoes are ready, discard onion and drain well and peel.
- 6Strain the butter mixture and return to skillet.
- 7Add potatoes and, over moderate heat, turn them in this mixture about 5 minutes until nicely glazed and touched with brown.
- 8Season and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bay Leaf Scented Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.4
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 306.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 4.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: