Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a WW. recipe.
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 fresh bay leaves
- 4 slices lemons, cut 1/4 inch thich and halved
- 1 large garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 lb swordfish steak, 1-inch thick, cut in 1-1/2 inch squares
- 4 large cherry tomatoes
- 4 pieces green bell peppers (1-inch squares)
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large zip-top heavy-duty plastic bag. Add swordfish; seal bag, and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning bag occasionally.
- Remove swordfish from bag, reserving marinade. Thread 5 swordfish cubes, 1 bay leaf, 1 lemon slice, 1 cherry tomato, and 1 bell pepper square alternately onto each of 4 (12-inch) skewers. Reserve 1/4 cup marinade; discard remaining bay leaves and lemon slices.
- Place kabobs on a broiler rack coated with cooking spray; place rack on a broiler pan. Broil 5-1/2 inches from heat 3 minutes. Turn kabobs over, and broil 3 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, basting occasionally with reserved 1/4 cup marinade. Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 kabob).
- NOTES : WW = 3.5 points per serving.
I used cilantro instead of the bay leaf. Great use for our abundant cherry tomatoes! I served it with grilled cantaloupe.
This is delicious. Easy to make.I did add a touch of oregano as we like a Greek flair. I did not use skewers but put ingredients in bottom of a foil lined broiler pan after marinating for just 1/2 hour..My husband had seconds.