1/1 Photo of Bay Flavored Brown & Wild Rice
I found this recipe in my Penzeys catalog. It makes a great meal with Roast Cornish Hens and Green Beans with Mushrooms.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If using dry shallots, rehydrate by soaking in 2 tbsp water for 5 minutes.
- 2In a 2 quart saucepan, sauté shallots in butter until lightly browned.
- 3Add both types of rice, chicken stock (or water), salt (if using), and bay leaves.
- 4Bring to a rapid boil, cover, and reduce to a simmer.
- 5Simmer for 45 minutes and do not remove the cover until the 45 minutes have passed. Fluff with a fork.
- 6If any liquid is left after 45 minutes, stir lightly, then continue to cook over low heat for about 5 more minutes, or until all water is gone.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bay Flavored Brown & Wild Rice
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.6
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 6.5 mg
- Sodium 204.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 8.2 g