Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
I had forgotten about this simple yet flavorful way to bake a potato. We first had this remarkable dish after my wife had gallbladder surgery. One of the nurses told us about this and we are glad they did! You can add butter to this recipe if you like and are not on a restricted diet after surgery.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut potato almost in half length wise.
- Place bay leaf between halves.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add butter if using.
- Place potato on a square of foil and close tightly.
- Place in a 400 F oven for about 40 minutes.
I made these for lunch and they were wonderful.My husband is not a huge fan of baked potatoes,but he said I could make it again,which is a plus in my book.Thank you!
I love the flavor of bay! DH and I added a butter flavored spray to the potato! Perfect! Thank you Chef Shadows!