Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Rachael Ray's Magazine
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 lemons, juice and zest of
- 24 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- salt and pepper
- 1 bunch bay leaf
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) box couscous
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, pitted and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green olives, pitted and chopped
- Preheat grill or broiler. Soak 8 bamboo skewers in water. In a shallow dish, whisk together 1/4 cup olive oil and lemon zest.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper; coat with the dressing. Thread the soaked skewers with alternating shrimp and bay leaves.
- Grill or broil the shrimp skewers, turning once, until shrimp are pink and firm, about 5 minutes. Drizzle lemon juice on top.
- In a medium saucepan, bring chicken broth and remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil to a boil. Stir in couscous and olives. Cover the pan, turn off the heat, and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Serve couscous with 6 shrimp per person. Discard bay leaves.