Wild Thyme Flour's Note:
A french moulded cream dessert ( with variations) from Practical Cookery.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If using leaf gelatine, soak in cold water.
- 2Cream the yolks and sugar in a bowl until almost white.
- 3Bring the milk to the boil and whisk onto the yolk mixture.
- 4Place in a thick bottomed sauce pan and place on a low heat, stirring continuously with a wooden spoon until the mixture coats the back of a spoon. The mixture must not boil just like when making custard.
- 5Remove from heat and add the gelatine, stir until dissolved.
- 6Stir occasionally until cool and almost setting point.
- 7Fold in the lightly beaten cream.
- 8Fold in the stiffly beaten egg whites.
- 9Pour into a fancy jelly mould or individual moulds which have been lightly oiled. Refrigerate until set.
- 10Turn onto a plate and serve.
- 11Chocolate: melt 50g ( 2 oz) chocolate in the milk.
- 12Coffee: add some coffee essence or coffee granules in the milk.
- 13Lemon or orange bavarois: add finely grated zest and juice of 2 lemons or oranges and a drop of orange or yellow food colour to the mix. Increase the gelatine by 2 leaves ( 10g).
Nutritional Facts for Bavarois
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 156.7
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 103.3 mg
- Sodium 54.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 5.2 g