This is from International Vegetarian Recipes and submitted by Felix Weber from Bavaria, Germany. A nice sauce to serve with rice or pasta and vegetables!
My Private Note
cups, a ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook potato, carrot, garlic, and onion in the 1 cup of water till vegetables are very soft, about 10-15 minutes.
- 2Pour into blender, along with tofu, salt and brewers yeast, and puree.
- 3Add more broth or water if necessary.
- 4The ending consistency should be very thick, like a cheese sauce.
- 5If you like a bit of a "kick" to the sauce, like what using sharp cheddar would give, add some hot sauce.
- 6You'll be tempted to use more than 1 cup of water, but don't until the final pureeing stage, since you don't want to end up making this too thin.
- 7You can always add more water/broth/white wine at the end; however, this is not a sauce you can "cook down".
- 8Serve over cooked rice, mixed with pasta, and vegetables, etc.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bavarian Vegan Cheese Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (551 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 295.6
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1215.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.6 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 25.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: