Recipe by Sharon123
This is from International Vegetarian Recipes and submitted by Felix Weber from Bavaria, Germany. A nice sauce to serve with rice or pasta and vegetables!
Top Review by Dreamer in Ontario
I served this tasty sauce over cauliflower. This time I used a medium tofu as that was what I had on hand. The sauce ended up being a bit grainy so I think I'll try a soft silken tofu next time. I have a lot left over so I'll be trying it with the suggested rice, too. Made for Newest Zaar Tag.
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 small carrot, thickly sliced
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1 -2 garlic clove
- 1 cup vegetable broth (or water)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces silken tofu
- 1⁄2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 dash hot sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potato, carrot, garlic, and onion in the 1 cup of water till vegetables are very soft, about 10-15 minutes.
- Pour into blender, along with tofu, salt and brewers yeast, and puree.
- Add more broth or water if necessary.
- The ending consistency should be very thick, like a cheese sauce.
- If you like a bit of a "kick" to the sauce, like what using sharp cheddar would give, add some hot sauce.
- You'll be tempted to use more than 1 cup of water, but don't until the final pureeing stage, since you don't want to end up making this too thin.
- You can always add more water/broth/white wine at the end; however, this is not a sauce you can "cook down".
- Serve over cooked rice, mixed with pasta, and vegetables, etc.