Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Another Razzle Dazzle recipe for World Tour II.
- 2 lbs veal, cubed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups beef broth
- 3 tablespoons unbleached flour
- 20 ounces frozen asparagus or 2 lbs fresh asparagus
- Oven at 325ºF.
- Fresh Asparagus should be cleaned and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- In a Dutch oven brown the veal in hot oil.
- Add onion and carrots.
- Cook until onion is transparent. Stir in parsley.
- Mix lemon juice, broth, flour and seasonings until well-blended.
- Pour over meat.
- Cover and bake 1 1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Add more broth if needed.
- Cook asparagus until tender-crisp.
- Stir into veal and serve immediately.