Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 packets gelatin, unflavored
- 1⁄2 cup water, cold
- 9 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk, scalded
- 1 cup ice cream, vanilla
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup cream, heavy, whipped
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water to soften.
- Heat to dissolve gelatin completely.
- Mix together sugar and cornstarch.
- Add eggs; beat for 2 minutes.
- Slowly add warm milk, beating constantly.
- Pour into a 1-quart saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until custard coats a spoon.
- Add gelatin and ice cream while custard is hot.
- Cool until slightly thickened.
- Add vanilla.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Pour into a 1-quart mold.
- Chill until set.
- Unmold carefully and serve with a garnish of fresh fruits.