Recipe by Leta
A whole new view of cube steak...I love the taste of the caraway seed.
Top Review by Glori-B
Thank you Leta for a wonderful dinner! I received venison cubed steak as a gift and had never before worked with either venison or cubed steak! I had to tweak the recipe slightly in that we do not eat mushrooms so I used one packet of dry onion soup mix and one packet of dry ranch dressing as a substitute for the mushroom soup mix. During the last few minutes of cooking I added about 2 tablespoons of corn starch to thicken the gravy a bit. Awesome! Thanks again!
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 lb beef cube steak, about
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 envelopes dry mushroom soup mix
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, quickly brown steaks on both sides in hot oil.
- Add onion, cook until onion is almost tender, about 5 minutes.
- Combine water, mushroom soup mix, brown sugar, vinegar and caraway; pour over steaks in skillet.
- Cover; simmer for about 15 minutes or until tender.
- Skim off any excess fat.
- Serve with gravy.
- (Really good with fresh mashed potatoes.).