Recipe by Messy Kitchen Maid
This recipe was given to me by a Friend who grew up in Germany.It's alittle unusual but trust me ,it's delicious. The secret ingredient is chicken liver (you'd never know unless I told you) and wow does it make a difference.This is a sausage stuffing also so it has lots of flavor.This makes enough stuffing for a 12-14 pound bird.
- 1 (14 ounce) bag prepared stuffing (I like cornbread)
- 2 cored chopped medium granny smith apples
- 1 large onion, chopped fine
- 2 stalks celery, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 chicken livers, uncooked
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 2 cups turkey broth
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- !.add egg yolks,worcestershire sauce,walnuts and chicken livers to food processor and blend .Set aside.
- 2.brown sausage.
- 3.Mix stuffing with the spices and salt.
- 4. add chopped vegetables to stuffing mixture.
- 5.add egg yolk mixture and broth to stuffing.
- 6.fold all ingredients together.
- 7.stuff turkey cavity.
- 8.follow directions for baking times on stuffed bird.