Messy Kitchen Maid's Note:
This recipe was given to me by a Friend who grew up in Germany.It's alittle unusual but trust me ,it's delicious. The secret ingredient is chicken liver (you'd never know unless I told you) and wow does it make a difference.This is a sausage stuffing also so it has lots of flavor.This makes enough stuffing for a 12-14 pound bird.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 ounce) bag prepared stuffing (I like cornbread)
- 2 cored chopped medium granny smith apples
- 1 large onion, chopped fine
- 2 stalks celery, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 chicken livers, uncooked
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 2 cups turkey broth
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1!.add egg yolks,worcestershire sauce,walnuts and chicken livers to food processor and blend .Set aside.
- 22.brown sausage.
- 33.Mix stuffing with the spices and salt.
- 44. add chopped vegetables to stuffing mixture.
- 55.add egg yolk mixture and broth to stuffing.
- 66.fold all ingredients together.
- 77.stuff turkey cavity.
- 88.follow directions for baking times on stuffed bird.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bavarian Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 685.4
- Calories from Fat 462
- Total Fat 51.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 227.3 mg
- Sodium 1765.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 29.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: