Recipe by Elmotoo
A German dessert found for the ZWT '05.
Top Review by lauralie41
Great dessert and easy to make! DH loved this and wants me to make it again soon. I didnt do to well when unmolding but that didnt affect the flavor at all. Topped with remaining strawberries before serving. Made and reviewed for Vegetarian/Vegan Swap.
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon gelatin (unflavored)
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup cream, whipped
- fresh fruit, for decoration (peach, cherry, apple, orange, apricot, black or red currants)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice strawberries and mix with the sugar. Set aside until sugar dissolves.
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water. Let stand for 5 minutes, then heat a little bit until gelatin dissolves completely.
- Add gelatin and lemon juice to sliced berries. Add in the whipped cream. Pour into a fancy mold or serving dish. Chill in the fridge until set.
- Carefully unmold and serve. Decorate with the slices of lemon and/or orange (optional).