Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Take Me out to the Ball Game MMhmm etc. Great BBQ fun. Serve with potato salad and slaw and Mustard Butter for BBQ.
- 12 Bavarian smokies
- 12 slices bacon
- 12 hero hot dog buns or 12 italian hot dog buns
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 sweet onions, chopped
- grilled mushroom (optional)
- BBQ should be medium high heat.
- Make shallow slash cuts on the smokies about 3 each side.
- wrap a slice of bacon around each smokie.
- (like a barber pole) secure with toothpicks.
- Grill turning frequently about 20 minutes or until they are golden and the bacon is crisp.
- Meanwhile toast the inside of your buns.
- Spread the buns with "Mustard butter" (Recipe #29632).
- Tuck in a smokie add tomato, onion, mushrooms and any other garnish you want.