Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
- 1814.36 g boneless beef top round, roast, halved
- 354.88 ml apple juice
- 226.79 g can tomato sauce
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 29.58 ml white vinegar
- 14.79 ml salt
- 9.85-14.78 ml ground cinnamon
- 3.69 ml ground ginger or 14.79 ml minced fresh gingerroot
- 59.14 ml cornstarch
- 118.29 ml water
- In a Dutch oven coated with nonstick cooking spray, brown roast on all sides over medium-high heat; drain. transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a bowl, combine the juice, tomato sauce, onion, vinegar, salt, ginger and cinnamon; pour over roast. Cover and cook on high for 5-7 hours.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices until well combined. Cover and cook 1 hour longer or until the meat is tender and gravy begins to thicken.
Ok, dh is a crockpot snob & anything resembling 'pot roast' snob but he was pleasantly surprised & gave this a thumbs up. I knew I'd like it, lol. I *did* combine the cornstarch, water & sauce on the stove to thicken because of timing issues but it worked perfectly. Thanks for posting!