Recipe by tazdevilfan
Top Review by Elmotoo
Ok, dh is a crockpot snob & anything resembling 'pot roast' snob but he was pleasantly surprised & gave this a thumbs up. I knew I'd like it, lol. I *did* combine the cornstarch, water & sauce on the stove to thicken because of timing issues but it worked perfectly. Thanks for posting!
- 1 (4 lb) boneless beef top round, roast, halved
- 1 1⁄2 cups apple juice
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 -3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger or 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a Dutch oven coated with nonstick cooking spray, brown roast on all sides over medium-high heat; drain. transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a bowl, combine the juice, tomato sauce, onion, vinegar, salt, ginger and cinnamon; pour over roast. Cover and cook on high for 5-7 hours.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices until well combined. Cover and cook 1 hour longer or until the meat is tender and gravy begins to thicken.