Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 4 boneless pork chops, trimmed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 (14 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄3 cup apple juice
- Spray 12-inch non-stick skillet with cooking spray.
- Heat over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add pork chops; cook 4 minutes.
- Turn chops and add onion; cook 4 to 6 minutes or until chops are browned.
- Move chops to one side of skillet.
- Add remaining ingredients; stir to combine.
- Place chops on top of mixture.
- Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook 4 to 6 minutes or until chops are no longer pink in center and flavors are blended, stirring sauerkraut around chops occasionally.
Very easy and very tasty! The caraway seeds are a really nice addition! I used very large chops and my 2.5 year old ate a whole one! This one will be a regular for us! Thanks!
I made this a few days ago, but in a deep dish casserole in the oven. I did not use carrots (although they'd probably be very good in it). I added two apples, large slices, and sprinkled about 2 tablespoons of brown suger over all. Then instead of apple juice, I poured the drained sauerkraut juice over all. Also added about 3/4 tsp of black pepper.
With a side of homemade mashed potatoes, this dish is to die for!
I used your recipe to do some crockpot chops. Skipped the carrots, added one thin sliced apple, can of sauerkraut, small handful of barley, onion,caraway and a bottle of hard apple cider. Cooked on low 6-7 hours and a definate keeper.