Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe on the "Pork - The Other White Meat" website. It's tender, delicious and good to make when I want to get dinner on the table fast.
- 4 pork chops, rib or loin
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 onion, diced
- 8 ounces beer (or apple juice)
- Lightly flour 4 pork chops; brown in a little butter. Add sliced mushrooms and onion to pan and stir in 8 ounces beer or apple juice.
- Bring to a boil, cover and lower heat. Simmer 8 minutes; season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve.
This was a good, easy meal. DH really enjoyed it. The pork was lovely & tender and ready very quickly. Next time I'll add some more flavour, as we normally eat much spicier food. Thanks TasteTester for sharing this recipe. Made as a recipenap for Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #15
some recipes are 5 star because they are "wow" and some are 5 star because they are good. this is a good recipe, not wow, but very easy and good. I thought the 8 mins was toooo short a time, but it was fine. I used pork steaks, and they were moist and tender. Having done this once, I can see a dozen ways to change this, depending on the company. I think some chilli sauce and sour cream would change the whole taste, without changing the basic recipe. I dont know what the beer does, but the pork was very moist and tender, and usually it isnt :) thanks for a great keeper!