- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 (16 ) candrained sauerkraut
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the ingredients together except the sauerkraut.
- Shape the mixture into 6 patties, each about 3/4-inch thick.
- Brown the patties in a large skillet over medium heat, turning once.
- Drain off the excess fat.
- Spoon the sauerkraut onto the patties.
- Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Serve openfaced on good, crusty buns. A dollop of sour cream and a bit of mustard is good, too!