Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
My aunt gave me her recipe for Bavarian Casserole and she used cubed potatoes. It was reallky good but my husband loves sauerkraut and wondered whether I could replace the potatoes with that. I tried it and it was very good. I now make both but we usually end up with the sauerkraut one. This is a super easy casserole no matter how we make it.
- 28 ounces sauerkraut, drained
- 16 ounces kielbasa, sliced in angle cut rounds
- 12 ounces wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1⁄2 lb swiss cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Drain sauerkraut and spread in 13x9 pan.
- Top with sliced Kielbasa.
- Cook and drain noodles.
- Spread over Kielbasa evenly.
- In a bowl mix the soup, onion and dijon mustard.
- Pour over top of casserole and spread evenly.
- Top with the swiss cheese.
- Bake 30-40 minutes until cheese is well melted and casserole is bubbly hot.