Recipe by OceanLuvinGranny
My aunt gave me her recipe for Bavarian Casserole and she used cubed potatoes. It was reallky good but my husband loves sauerkraut and wondered whether I could replace the potatoes with that. I tried it and it was very good. I now make both but we usually end up with the sauerkraut one. This is a super easy casserole no matter how we make it.
- 28 ounces sauerkraut, drained
- 16 ounces kielbasa, sliced in angle cut rounds
- 12 ounces wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1⁄2 lb swiss cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Drain sauerkraut and spread in 13x9 pan.
- Top with sliced Kielbasa.
- Cook and drain noodles.
- Spread over Kielbasa evenly.
- In a bowl mix the soup, onion and dijon mustard.
- Pour over top of casserole and spread evenly.
- Top with the swiss cheese.
- Bake 30-40 minutes until cheese is well melted and casserole is bubbly hot.