Recipe by WhatsGabyCooking
What's better than a Bavarian Mulled Wine packed with flavor from cinnamon sticks, oranges, lemons, cloves, vanilla and star anise!
- 1 (750 ml) bottle red wine
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 whole cinnamon sticks
- 1 orange, sliced into rounds
- 1 lemon, sliced into rounds
- 1 whole star anise
- 10 whole cloves
- 1⁄2 vanilla bean, split in half
- 1⁄2 cup brandy
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the ingredients in a large pot and place over medium-low heat.
- Heat the mixture for 60 minutes, making sure not to bring the mixture to a boil.
- Once the flavors have melded together for 60 minutes, strain out the spices and reserve the citrus rounds for serving.
- Serve the warmed wine with a round of lemon and a round of orange.