Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I first had this drink at a ski lodge in Breckenridge Colorado and I was hooked! This drink is a real warmer and delicious too! Normally I am not crazy about mint but Peppermint Schnapps is surely an exception!
- 1⁄2 ounce peppermint schnapps
- 1 ounce Kahlua
- 6 ounces hot black coffee
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional if you don't like your coffee really sweet like I do!)
- whipped cream (I like a lot!)
- chocolate shavings
- Add Peppermint Schnapps, Kahlua, and coffee to a large mug.
- Stir in sugar - if desired.
- Place mug in microwave oven and heat for 20 seconds or until desired warmth is achieved.
- Float the whipped cream on top (I actually stir some in first, then float some on top).
- Top whipped cream with chocolate shavings (if desired).
Oh, what a deliciously smooth and beautiful drink! I have always enjoyed Kahlua and Peppermint Schnapps separately but have never combined them. Who would have thought?! Thank you for a yummy, tummy-warming, soothing and smooth coffee drink! (Made for SUMMER COMFORT CAFE 2009)