Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Flavored coffee's are so good on cold winter days but a bit expensive in the grocery stores. Here is a very nice flavor for the holidays and was adapted from a beverage recipe website.
- 1⁄3 cup non-dairy powdered coffee creamer
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 5 peppermint candies, hard, finely crushed
- In small bowl combine nondairy creamer, sugar, instant coffee, and cocoa. Set aside.
- Finely crush candies in food processor, blender, or with tenderizing mallet. Add to dry mixture.
- Store in airtight container and if giving as a gift, include a label that says to use 2 to 2½ teaspoons per cup of boiling water.
What a treat! And so much cheaper than the International Coffee cans. I made mine with Splenda and sugar-free mints. I had this in July but it is a great Wintertime flavor and will be making it for gifts at Christmas. The mint flavor was just right for me. Some of the pre-made brands of mint-flavored coffee are too strong with mint. Thanks for a great cuppa and a great gift idea! Made for Comfort Cafe Summer 2009.
Lauralie, we loved it! Wonderful flavor for next to nothing expense, i.e., no need for starbucks :) Since I'm allergic to coffee, I made it with Postum. Edited to add: made this for Christmas Eve for our extended family and everyone loved it! Even my niece that works at a fancy coffee shop.
So Good and so perfect for the Christmas season. This is very simple to make up and even easier to enjoy. I must confess that I added a tsp of French Vanilla liquid creamer to my cup to make it even more decadent. It takes a bit of stirring to get the mints fully dissolved (I used Russel Stover sugar free Starlight Mints). I guess I could have crushed them into smaller pieces, lol.