Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I'm not sure what makes this recipe barvarian. But, it's very tasty. I used to make this recipe in school and everytime I made this recipe my chef would sneak the leftovers home. One day my head chef told me that my chef loved how i made this. But, he didn;t want to tell me becuase it would give me a "Big Head". Hehe it did.
- 3 ounces raw ground bacon
- 5 ounces onions, small dice
- 10 ounces carrots, small dice
- 2 ounces celery, small dice
- 2 ounces white vinegar
- 4 3⁄4 beef stock
- 4 3⁄4 chicken stock
- 10 ounces dried lentils
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 10 ounces hot dogs, thinly sliced
- white pepper
- Add bacon to heavy stock pot and render down untill fat is released add fennel to pot.
- Heat through carrots, celery, onions.
- Cook untill onions are transparent then add vinegar.
- Add both stocks and bring to a simmer.
- Add lentils and seasonings (worcestershire sauce,oregano and bayleaf),then simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Add hotdogs and cook til they are heated through.
- Season to taste.
This was quite good, the only changes I made was to use bratwurst instead of hot dogs and added some garlic (just because I love garlic so much) Thank you for posting.